1 . American Diabetes Association. Specifications of health care in diabetes--2011. Diabetes Proper care. 2011; 34 Suppl one particular: S11-S61. [PubMed] 2 . Eisenbarth GS, Polonsky KS, Rapace JB. Type 1 Diabetes Mellitus. In: Kronenberg HM, Melmed S i9000, Polonsky KS, Larsen PAGE RANK. Kronenberg: Williams Textbook of Endocrinology. eleventh ed. Phila., Pa: Saunders Elsevier; 08: chap 31. 3. Pignone M, Alberts MJ, colwell JA, Cushman M, Inzucchi SE, Mukherjee D, ainsi que al. Acetylsalicylsaure for principal prevention of cardiovascular events in people with diabetes: a situation statement from the American Diabetes Association, a scientific declaration of the American Heart Association, and an experienced consensus document of the American College of Cardiology Foundation. Circulation. 2010; 121: 2694-2701. 4. Buchwald H, Estok R, Fahrbach K, Banel D, Jensen MD, Pories WJ, Bantle JP, Sledge I. Excess weight and diabetes mellitus type 2 after bariatric surgery: methodical review and meta-analysis. Are J Mediterranean. 2009 Mar; 122(3): 248-256. e5. Assessment. PubMed PMID: 19272486. [PubMed] 5. ACCORD Study Group, Gerstein HC, Miller ME PERSONALLY, Genuth S, Ismail-Beigi F, Buse JB, et ing. Long-term associated with intensive glucose lowering about cardiovascular results. N Engl J Med. 2011; 364: 818-828. 6. Alemzadeh Ur, Ali Um. Diabetes Mellitus. In: Kliegman R, impotence. 19th impotence. Nelson Textbook of Pediatrics. Philadelphia, Pa: Saunders Elsevier; 2011: chap 583. 7.
almost eight. Diabetes and exercise
9. A person with type 2 diabetes may use exercise to aid control all their blood sugar levels and provide energy their very own muscles have to function the whole day. By maintaining a healthy diet and sufficient exercise, a person with type 2 diabetes could possibly keep their very own blood sugar in the normal non-diabetic range without medication. 12. Review Day: 6/28/2011.
11. Evaluated by: Ari S. Eckman, MD, Primary, Division of Endocrinology, Diabetes and Metabolism, Trinitas Regional Medical Center, Elizabeth, NJ. Review furnished by VeriMed Health-related Network. Also reviewed by David Zieve, MD, MHA, Medical Director, A. D. A. Meters., Inc. 12.
13. A. G. A. Meters., Disclaimer
14. Copyright © 2012, A. D. A. Meters., Inc.
12-15. PubMed Wellness. A service with the National Selection of Medicine, National Institutes of Health. of sixteen.
seventeen. Low blood glucose symptoms
18. Symptoms such as weakness, feeling worn out, shaking, perspiration, headache, craving for food, nervousness and irritability will be signs which a person's blood glucose is getting dangerously low. nineteen. A person showing some of these symptoms will need to check all their blood sugar. If the level can be low (70 mg/dl), a sugar-containing foodstuff should be consumed right away. 20. Review Day: 6/28/2011.
21. Reviewed by: Ari S. Eckman, MD, Primary, Division of Endocrinology, Diabetes and Metabolism, Trinitas Regional Medical Center, Elizabeth, NJ-NEW JERSEY. Review provided by VeriMed Health-related Network. As well reviewed by David Zieve, MD, MHA, Medical Director, A. D. A. M., Inc. twenty two.
twenty-three. A. D. A. Meters., Disclaimer
twenty-four. Copyright © 2012, A. G. A. M., Inc.
twenty-five. PubMed Wellness. A service from the National Collection of Medicine, Countrywide Institutes of Health.
To treat low blood glucose the 15/15 rule is often applied. Eat 15 grms of carbohydrate and wait 15 minutes. The subsequent foods will give you about 15 grams of carbohydrate: 2. 3 blood sugar tablets
5. Half glass (4 ounces) of juice or standard soda
2. 6 or 7 hard sugary candies
* 1 tablespoon of sugar
Following your carbohydrate can be eaten, anyone should wait around about 15 minutes for the sugar to get involved with their blood. If the person does not feel better within a quarter-hour more carbohydrate can be used. Their blood glucose should be inspected to make sure it includes come in a safe range. Review Day: 6/28/2011.
Analyzed by: Ari S. Eckman, MD, Main, Division of Endocrinology, Diabetes and Metabolism, Trinitas Regional Medical Center, Elizabeth, NJ-NEW JERSEY. Review offered by VeriMed Health-related Network. Also reviewed by simply David Zieve, MD, MHA, Medical Overseer, A. M. A. M., Inc....
References: 1 . American Diabetes Association. Standards of medical care in diabetes--2010. Diabetes Care. 2010 Jan; thirty-three Suppl you: S11-61. [PubMed]
ll (11) | For consumers (11) | Clinical Guides (0) | DARE Reviews (0) | Executive Summaries (0) | Full Text Reviews (0)
Type 2 diabetes: Does self-monitoring urine and blood glucose levels have benefits for people who will not inject insulin?
Regular self-monitoring of glucose levels will not be proven to include benefits for those who have type 2 diabetes whom do not put in insulin. It is not necessarily known if self-monitoring can prevent diabetes-related complications in this group of people.
Informed Health Online [Internet] - Institute for Top quality and Performance in Medical care (IQWiG).
Variation: November 3, 2011
Calculating blood sugar levels and sugar in urine
Various people with diabetes mellitus assess their blood sugar levels themselves. For individuals who inject insulin several times every day, checking their very own sugar level (glucose level) with a blood glucose meter is a crucial part of all their daily treatment. The blood sugars level assessed is one of the factors that figure out how much insulin they put in at meals. Other people with diabetes do not check their very own sugar levels as frequently or perhaps only have all their doctor verify them. We will now explain the different strategies and make clear how you can assess sugar levels in your bloodstream and urine yourself.
Up to date Health On-line [Internet] - Institute to get Quality and Efficiency in Health Care (IQWiG).