Menu represents the number of foodstuff and refreshment items presented. When it is displayed on a greeting card it is referred to as menu credit card. Menu needs to be attractive, helpful and gastronomically sound as it reflects the establishment. It can be one of the most essential ingredients inside the success of an organisation, therefore it must believe the concept. The style must be based on what the visitor in the marketplace expects. The menus must exceed the expectation.
Factors influencing menu planning happen to be:
1 . Type of menu
2 . Considerations in menu
several. Writing the menu
some. Financial part of menu
1 . TYPES OF MENU
* A` la image menus вЂ“offer items that will be individually listed. * Stand d'hГґte selections вЂ“ give a selection of more than one items for each course for affixed selling price. The advantage is definitely the perception friends have of receiving good value. * Ni jour menus вЂ“ list the items through the day
The additional classification could possibly be;
* Fixed menu вЂ“ list of items, this does not transform and is limited. * Cyclic menus вЂ“ repeat themselves over a period of period. 2 . THINGS TO CONSIDER IN MENU PLANNING
5. Needs and desires of guests
-Menu should not be the actual owner or perhaps manager wants.
- Menu is determined by a certain demand available in the market.
-It must harmonize with the theme.
* Capabilities of cooks
-The capacity of cooks must harmonize together with the menu principle. - Duration of menu and guest being served are definitely the factors in determining the extent of cook's capacity. -An approx . level of competence must be used to match the peak demands and culinary experience expected by guest.
2. Equipment potential and layout
-Menu should be designed with consider to the capacity and layout of equipment -Match the menu with tools and development scheduling
* Consistency and availability of menu elements.
* Ingredients should be readily available all year round
* Nutritional value
-Most people these days are concerned about nutrition-(minimise fat and sodium intake)...